Welcome to Culligan of Winnipeg
It's our 60th Anniversary!
Culligan Winnipeg is proud to be part of the Culligan Family for over 6o years.
Try our new " Hey Culligan Man!" Online App to order your water services online quick and easy.
Download the APP or try it now by clicking the 60 Year "Hey Culligan Man!" Order Badge.
WHY CHOOSE CULLIGAN WATER SOLUTIONS...
Stop hard water spots and scaling with Culligan.
Hard water results from high levels of calcium and magnesium in water. It’s a natural occurrence that affects over 85% of the water supply in North America. Hard water minerals stick to everything water touches, and do more than leave an unsightly residue - they can actually harm your home and cost you money!.
Common hard water problems include –
- Spots on dishes, glassware and utensils
- Mineral build-up on faucets, and in sinks and tubs
- Excessive cleaning products and time needed for cleaning, due to mineral build-up
- Higher electric and gas bills, due to mineral build-up on water heater heating coils
- Shortened life spans for water using appliances due to mineral build-up on internal mechanisms
- Increased soap and shampoo use, because hard water doesn’t produce a good lather
- Stiff, worn clothes from leftover mineral and soap residue
- Dry, flaky skin from leftover mineral and soap residue
- Brittle, lifeless hair from leftover mineral and soap residue
Improve the smell of your water with Culligan.
Before your water enters your home, it can pick up smelly contaminants - from the soil around private wells, miles of underground utility pipes or even the local municipal water source itself. Many municipalities add chlorine to offset the problems caused by these contaminants, but this only makes you water smell worse! You may not be able to see these contaminants, but as soon as you turn on the tap or lift a glass to your face, something is obviously not right
Common water odour problems include –
- A “rotten-egg” odour due to hydrogen sulphide in the soil near your well
- A musty, woody smell due to organic contaminants like algae or total dissolved solids (TDS)
- A “bleachy” smell due to chlorine added in by municipalities
- A soapy or chemical smell due to contaminated private wells
Does your tap water taste bad?
At Culligan, we understand the importance of clean, fresh water. If your household is suffering from awful tasting and smelling water, drinking that water can be incredibly unpleasant or even physically harmful. We aim to provide you and your family with the cleanest, safest, most delicious drinking water possible.
Improve the taste of your water with Culligan.
Before your water enters your home, it can pick up bad tasting contaminants - from private wells, miles of underground utility pipes or even the local municipal water source itself. Many municipalities add chlorine to offset the problems caused by these contaminants, but this only makes your water taste worse! You may not be able to see these contaminants, but when you taste the water, something is obviously not right.
Common water taste problems include –
A sour, salty, bitter or metallic taste can be a sign of high levels of total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water, normally chlorides, sulfates and bicarbonates. Signs of TDS water problems include:
A sour, salty, bitter or metallic taste due to total dissolved solids (TDS)
A “bleachy” taste due to chlorine added in by municipalities
A musty, woody taste due to organic contaminants like algae
A soapy or chemical taste due to contaminated private wells
Water Filtration and Conditioning Benefits
- While municipalities add chlorine to their water supply to disinfect it, chlorine should be removed before consumption. Activated carbon filters eliminate the distinct taste and smell of chlorine.
- Oxidation destroys oily tastes and gas smells caused by dissolved gases or other volatile matter that seep into your water supply.
- Carbon filtration gets rid of the rotten egg smell caused by dissolved hydrogen sulfide gas, which can enter your water supply through the soil surrounding your well.
- Sediment filtration reduces the amount of sediment that naturally enters your water supply, eliminating the musty dirt smell, moldy taste and cloudy appearance.
- Activated carbon filtration reduces the iron content in your water supply and eliminates the bitter metallic taste and rusty color caused by dissolved iron.
Stop rust stains and orange water with Culligan.
Iron enters the water supply from a variety sources - the soil around private wells, corrosion in the pipes themselves and organically occurring reactions with elements in the water. These iron problems exist in many different forms, and knowing what kind of problem you have is essential to properly treating it. If your water comes out of the faucet clear, but turns red or brown after standing, you have “ferrous” iron, also known as “clear-water” iron. If your water is red or yellow when first drawn, you have “ferric” iron, also known as “red- water” iron. Organic iron is usually yellow or brown, but may be colourless.
Common high iron problems include –
Rusty, red-brown stains on your fixtures, sinks and tubs
Rusty stains or residue on laundry
Yellow, brown, red or orange-coloured water
Clogs in wells, pumps and sprinklers
Metallic tasting water
Certain foods prepared in water turning black -potatoes and teas are commonly affected
Stop blue-green stains and leaks with Culligan.
Acidic water has a pH of less than 7, and usually comes from acid mine water or acidic industrial wastes that has seeped into the water supply. Acidic water not only tastes bad, but it can cause major damage to your plumbing and appliances by eroding any copper it touches.
Common acid water problems include –
- Pin-hole leaks in your plumbing
- Blue-green stains on your fixtures, sinks and tubs
- Blueish stains or residue on laundry
- Light coloured hair tinted blue-green
- Metallic taste
Culligan Winnipeg Water Products